Monday, November 25, 2013

Haul | Drugstore Make-up: L'Oréal, Rimmel, Catrice and Essence

Make-up can be really expensive. Especially when you go for the higher brands. Drugstore brands on the other hand are cheaper. But still, for the Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara you pay €16,99, for a foundation from L'Oréal you pay €15,99. I think that it’s really overpriced for drugstore products. Especially when you compare the prices to other countries.
So when a good deal comes around I am there. Last week there was a buy one, get one free deal on all make-up. You got 50% discount on the total amount.
I told myself you do not really need anything. But when you are standing there you just want it all. Since everyone knew about this it was really busy. It was like a day at Primark. So I wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. I managed to buy everything I wanted, even though I did not really needed everything.



L'Oréal True Match Foundation in R1 C1 Rose Ivory, from €15,99 for €8,00

This foundation was my holy grail product when I was about 15 years old. I’ve used this one for years and years, until I wanted a little bit more coverage. I wanted to try it out again. Since I am very pale, it is really hard to find a drugstore foundation that matches my skin. I  use Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation right now, but I cannot find it any more in stores. I also wanted something that was less illuminating. So I am excited to try this one out.


Essence Fancy Lashes, from €2,59 for €1,30

I never really wear false lashes. I bought a pair of Primark lashes once and they made me look hideous, so I’ve never worn them. This pair however looks very natural but dramatic. I cannot wait to wear these on Christmas or New Year’s Eve.






Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick in 120 Cutting Edge, from €8,99 for €4,50

Since I don’t have enough lipsticks already, I bought another one. A friend of mine has this and it looked so amazing that I also needed to add this to my lipstick stash. The formula is not drying and the color payoff is amazing. It is a pinky purple and I will wear this a lot this fall and winter.


Catrice All Matt Plus Shine Control Powder in 010 Transparent, from €3,59 for €1,80

I have a really oily t-zone so I need to powder my face. My other powder ran out, so I decided to try this one. I bought it in the lightest color. I already tried it a couple of times and I do not really like it. After a couple of hours my face gets really shiny. I have had other powders that kept my face matt for a long time. Even after that time it did not look as shiny. But I will give it some time and if I do not like it then, it’s just not for me.






Catrice Made To Stay Inside Eye Highlighter Pen in 010 In The Mood For Nude, from €2,89 for €1,45

Lately you see a lot of waterline highlighters. You put a white or flesh colored eye pencil on your waterline and it gives you an instant wide awake look. I already bought a white one, but I also wanted to try this one out. It is very long lasting and the color payoff is great. I do think I like the white one better. It makes them more awake than the other one.


Catrice Eye Liner Pen in 010 Black, from €2,99 for €1,50

I love a black line above my eyes. I already discovered that gel liner is nothing for me. It always creases and I never get that thin line. Eyeliner pens are amazing because I can get a precise thin line. Although not every pen is the best. It runs out very quickly or black isn’t black, if you know what I mean.
This one belongs in both categories. The color isn’t very black. When I draw a line I need to go over that line five times before there is an actual ’’black’’ line. Because of that I feel like there isn’t a lot of product in there. The plus point is that it is very long lasting. I will keep looking for that perfect eyeliner.


So these were all the items I bought. I know I didn’t buy a lot, but I actually didn’t really needed anything. Only foundation and powder, and then all these other bits went in my basket. I cannot wait to create a look with all the items!

Have you bought any make-up products recently?






2 comments:

  1. Oh you need to try the Catrice All Matt Plus foundation, too! I have a review up on my blog if you're interested. :) x

    Živa from Nothin' Fancy. Really.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking about getting that one, but I wasn't sure about the colour range. Since the lightest colours is always to dark. But I might give it a try! Thanks! Xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog. I read and appreciate all of them!
If you have any questions I will try to answer them asap.

X Marjolein

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...